Finger Lakes Farm Country is here to support our guests and our community as we navigate the COVID-19 virus in New York State. Please be advised that New York State and county public health agencies are closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation around the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Right now our focus is on the health and safety of our communities. Please find below a list of information and links for prevention tips, frequently asked questions, and resources related to the Coronanvirus. We hope that you and your family remain healthy and safe during this difficult time and encourage you to support your local farms when possible.
When visiting any of our farms or farmers markets, we ask you to please be patient and respectful as they are implementing and adhering to new guidelines designed to keep you and farmer safe and healthy.
- Stay home when you are sick
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet or more
- Follow any traffic patterns they have marked out.
- Please be patient.
- Anyone who is over age two and able to medically tolerate a face-covering must cover their nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face-covering when in a public per Interim Guidance on Executive Orders 202.17 and 202.18 Requiring Face Coverings in Public During the COVID-19 Outbreak, April 17, 2020.
We encourage you to visit the New York State Department of Health website for official updated information regarding the state’s response to the coronavirus.
Best Practices To Help Stop The Spread
These simple steps can help stop the spread of this and other respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.