Safely Visit Our Farms
Finger Lakes Farm Country’s focus is on the health and safety of our communities and our guests. Our farms and attractions are adhering to strict cleaning and social distancing guidelines to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience. Please find below a list of information and links for prevention tips, frequently asked questions, and resources. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are ready and encourage you to support your local farms when possible.
When visiting any of our farms or farmers markets, we ask you to please be patient and respectful as they are implementing and adhering new guidelines designed to keep you and our farms safe and healthy.
- Stay home when you are sick
- Anyone who is over age two and able to medically tolerate a face-covering must cover their nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face-covering when in a public per Interim Guidance on Executive Orders 202.17 and 202.18 Requiring Face Coverings in Public During the COVID-19 Outbreak, April 17, 2020.
We encourage you to visit the New York State Department of Health website for official updated information regarding the state’s response to the Coronavirus. You can also visit NY Forward for current reopening phase information.
Best Practices To Help Stop The Spread
These simple steps can help stop the spread of this and other respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.